Online Signature Loans
If you have a home remodeling project coming up or you need cash to pay for a wedding, you may be considering the benefits of online signature loans. These versatile loans are gaining in popularity because applying is easy, and you can usually receive your loan funds within three to five days. Of course, loan terms may vary from lender to lender, but most personal signature loans have repayment terms of three to five years, which gives you plenty of time to repay the loan as opposed to short-term loans.
Typically, borrowers can request loan amounts of as little as $1,000 or up to about $25,000, depending upon your credit and lender. If you’re considering a loan, you’ll want to learn more about the benefits, loan requirements, signature loan rates and how to apply.
What is an Online Signature Loan?
Online Signature loans are often referred to as installment loans, character loans, good faith loans and personal loans. These types of loans are available through banks, credit unions, financial lenders and several online financial sites. In most instances, these loans are unsecured, which means the borrower is not required to secure the loan with an asset such as a home or a vehicle. Your signature on a contract is your guarantee that you promise to pay back the loan. So, this type of loan may be ideal for a person who doesn’t have any assets. Some people may prefer a loan where they don’t have to pledge an asset because they don’t want to risk the loss if they should default on the loan. However, depending upon the lender, you may be able to obtain a signature loan using collateral, which could help you to qualify.
Benefits & Features of Signature Loans Online
- Most lenders won’t ask you why you want a loan or how you’ll spend the money. In most instances, you are free to spend the loan funds on anything. However, a small number of lenders may ask you to state the reason on your loan application.
- It’s possible to get signature loans no credit check. Even if you’ve missed a few payments in the past and have poor credit, you still have a chance at getting a loan without a credit check.
- Some lenders offer bad credit signature loans, which is one way to get money. However, you may be approved for a loan, but there is a good chance you may receive a smaller loan amount and a higher interest rate.
- Lenders offering online signature loans accept a variety of income sources, which helps when qualifying for a loan. The majority of lenders will accept income from retirement sources, government benefits, military employment and full or part-time income.
- If you have good credit, you could receive better signature loan rates compared to those of a charge card.
- Many online signature loans are approved using a cosigner if your credit score isn’t high enough.
- Signature loans usually come with a fixed interest rate, which doesn’t fluctuate with the market.
- Monthly payments are consistent each month, so you’ll know exactly what you owe monthly.
- Typically, the full loan amount is deposited into a checking account that you request.
- Applications for online signature loans are available 24 hours a day, so you can apply at your convenience.
Bad Credit Signature Loans
Besides pulling your credit report to find ways to improve your score, you need to know whether you fall in the poor or bad credit range before applying for any loan. Unless you find a lender who is willing to accept a co-signor or collateral, you probably wouldn’t qualify for standard personal loans. If you currently have bad credit and you can’t wait for your score to improve, you should seek out lenders specializing in bad credit loans or signature loans no credit check. These loans don’t offer as many benefits, but at least you can get some badly needed cash.
Reasons for Getting a Signature Loans Online
Personal signature loans are taken out for all sorts of reasons. Listed below are several reasons why people take out these types of loans:
- Pay off high interest debt. Signature loan rates are often lower than what you may be carrying on some high interest credit cards, so it may make good financial sense to pay off charge cards.
- Use the money to pay off medical emergencies or pay for costly medical or dental procedures in the future.
- Paying for a few home upgrades to make your home more comfortable to live in is far cheaper than buying a new house and moving.
- Using the cash from a personal loan to consolidate debt not only reduces your interest rate, but it also makes it far easier to pay bills.
- Taking out a small loan may be an excellent way to improve your credit score if you make payments on time and the lender reports payments to a major credit bureau.
Loan Requirements for Signature Loans
Lenders may vary slightly in their loan requirements, but these are common requirements for unsecured online signature loans.
- A savings or checking account where your loan funds can be transferred electronically.
- A source of income to repay the loan. Acceptable income sources may vary per lender. If the income you receive is currently from a job, lenders like to see adequate income to make payments, stable employment of two years or more and an increased salary from year to year.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age to enter into a loan contract.
- A phone number where you can be contacted to discuss loan details.
- You should live in the state where you are applying for a loan.
- Applicants must have a taxpayer identification number or a Social Security number.
- Normally, unsecured loans require a credit check, so you’ll need to have fair, good or excellent credit for loan approval. If you do have poor credit, you’ll need to seek out lenders that offer signature loans for bad credit.
- Most lenders will check your debt to income ratio. This is the amount of debt you have compared to your available credit. Keeping credit card balances low and having a mix of installment loans and revolving accounts can improve your chances of qualifying.
Credit Reports & Credit Scores
One of the most important things you can do to be approved for a loan is to clean up your credit report. If you’re qualifying based on credit, the first thing the lender will do is to pull a credit report. Before applying for any type of loan, it’s smart to pull a copy of your reports and scores. You’ll be able to find out whether you’re rated poor, fair, good or excellent. Higher ratings enable you to get better loan rates, longer loan repayment terms and larger loan amounts.
Review your credit report for inaccurate information or errors. Many people have been turned down for loans because of errors on their credit reports. So, you should contact all three of the main credit reporting bureaus if you find problems or errors on the credit report.
If you are carrying an excessive number of credit cards, consider closing a few accounts with zero balances. You can improve your credit standing by making extra payments on cards with high balances to bring your debt to income ratio down. If you’re hoping to be approved for online signature loans based on credit approval make sure you always pay your bills on time, which may be reported to the credit bureaus.
Applying for Signature Loans Online
Listed below are examples of the basic information required on loan applications:
- Your personal information such as name, address and phone. The loan amount you are requesting and possibly the purpose for the loan. Your credit score and if you are applying with a co-signer or as an individual.
- Your income sources and the amount of income you receive from each source. The name of the company or companies where you are employed, their address and telephone number.